I cut them to close to the right width, again using the Bosch, and then slowly got to the finish size using hand planes and my bench hook as a shooting board. I really need a proper shooting board. That will be a build someday. Anyway, I got the panels fitted pretty well and marked them. They will not end up this tight. I will be taking a few shavings with a hand plane after the joinery is cut to fine tune the fit.
Not too bad a piece of wood for out of the fire wood pile. It will be getting a cherry face put on the front of it. I did the lay out for one corner of the joinery. I am going to try dove tails all around.
This build has been a lot of hand work and I have many hours of enjoyment into it. I use the power tools for things that need it and do hand work where I feel comfortable experimenting. Slowly, I am improving.
I also edited some video and got the last instalment of the Photo Box Trio done. I experimented for the first time with some music. It was free to use and available right on You Tube, so I tried. I like it. It has a dark overtone with a bright undertone. I may start using more music and less talking.
Thanks for dropping by