Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lots done, short update

I am really beat, so I will keep this one brief.

The rain finally let up enough to get some work done.  I hired a couple of lads to do the roof for me and they worked like champs today.  The sheathed the gable ends and put in the ladders that make the eaves on the gable ends.


They then trimmed all the rafter ends and installed the fascia with mitred corners, a nice detail that I would not have thought of.



They got half of the roof sheathed, installed the metal drip edge, put in the ice/water shield and got that half all shingled.  

Part way through:


We went out yesterday and picked up a bunch of nice meats for making sandwiches and some big crusty rolls for them, some nice fresh tomatoes and watermelon and Sally put it all together for a nice lunch in the shop.  

I am really happy with the work, so much so that I went out and got a treat for after the tools got put away for the day.  Nectar of the Gods!


A short day tomorrow should finish up the roof.  I will get an update in as soon as I can.

Thanks for dropping in




No comments:

Post a Comment