Sunday, September 18, 2016

Record #4 Rehab

I picked up a little gem at a yard sale.  I bought it so I could give it to my son as a birthday gift.  He has been coming over and we have spent a bit of time in the shop putting together a few projects.  I think he may have been bitten by the woodworking bug and it is one thing I would like to encourage.  This Record #4 needed a bit of TLC to bring it back into good shape.  Made in the mid '50's, it is about 60 years old and was in pretty good shape to start with.  At least everything but the iron was, and that is the most important part.  So, with a couple of days worth of work put into it, I got it to satisfactory condition.  I got it wrapped up and given it to him and he really likes it, and now I can release the video.

I must say, that this was a marathon of editing and my internet connection is slow, so it took a long time to upload too.  Still, it turned out to be one of my longest videos.  I suppose I could have cut it into 2 parts but I think I would have lost some continuity doing that.  So, grab yourself a cup of coffee, sit back, relax, and I hope you enjoy watching something I enjoyed doing.

I should point out that the Dremel tool used on the brass has a cotton cone shaped buff in it.  It is not a stone, and I am not grinding on it.  Just some polishing compound and a bit of time.


As always, please hit that thumbs up button.  Like, share, and subscribe.  My You Tube channel is pretty small and I need a bit of encouragement to keep doing this.  I don't make any money at it.  Not that that is the point of it all, but a bit of growth would be welcomed.  I am not much in the know as far as social media is concerned, so I have to rely on what I can to get the word out, and that means depending on others to spread it.  Leave a comment, I will answer back and

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment