Monday, July 11, 2016

Conclusion of the last video

Got around to getting the second video out.  This project seemed to fight me every step of the way.  I thought my logic was sound, and the procedures correct, but I had to back up and redo a few more times.  What you do not see in the video is several days of drying time on the laquer finish, then the sanding and repeating.  Of course, when I applied the last coat it developed a run that had to be sanded out again, and yet another coat put on.  I wait about 3 or 4 days before I start working the laquer.  On guitars, the wait time I have seen others take is 3 or 4 weeks before they are confident it is set and start the buffing process.

Sara's birthday was April 13th, I got it done a week late, but she still has not been by to pick it up.  She is really busy.  Young people have a lot on their plate these days.  I don't think she reads the blog or subscribes to my channel, so I don't think I am spoiling a surprise.  But I might be.

This takes a load of footage off my hard drive.  I still have a couple more (at least) videos with what is still remaining.  I still have not been taking any newer footage.  I have been busy enough though.  I have had my son over and we are working on a project for him.  It is a stand for a reptile tank that he has.  We did one other a while back.  It was a crate to hold albums.  The old fashion vinyl kind.  He bought some rough sawn pine and we milled it up and I showed him how to do box joints on the table saw.  I think he has a bit of interest in wood working, though he is a pretty busy lad himself.




He has a pretty good logic about it.  I have shown him a few things about dimensions that I have picked up from my Tolpin book By Hand and Eye.  I am no authority on it, but I have retained a couple of things.

Now, back to this video, if you are in Germany, it will likely be blocked due to using a copyrighted song.  Sorry about that, but it fit the video.  Some may see an extra ad also.




I will have to keep that in mind for the future.

Thanks for dropping by!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment