Saturday, March 05, 2016

I got a box

I have not been spending any time in the shop lately.  I have been without ambition or motivation.  It feels like I have had a sinus headache for about 2 months.  I think it may be the changing weather.  We seem to be getting more than one season in the span of a week.  The temperatures have been bouncing around above and below the freezing point and we have had a lot of change in pressure systems too it seems.  So I have been lazing around and blowing my nose and wiping watering eyes.  This too shall pass.

In the mean time, while I was working on, and making videos in the series "A board of Cherry", I sent a segment into Matthew Morris, a You Tube wood worker that makes some beautiful things.  He has a web site, MM Wood Studio, where he shows his work and has video lessons that he sells too.  He got himself a new Veritas router plane and decided he would give the ones he had away.  Well, I guess he took pity on my old soul, watching me use a chisel through a board as a router plane, and sent me his Stanley 71.  He spent over $45 in postage to send it too me too.  I am blown away with his kindness and generosity.  So, here I am opening up the box I got in the mail.



Thanks for dropping by

No comments:

Post a Comment